September 9, 2010

Third Grade--Bring it On!!!

Noah had a fantastic first day back to school!!!

It was very hard to capture it on film because
I was soaking it in as an observer and forgot that I had my camera right there. :)

Here are some shots of his first moments back. The quotes under each picture are from him on his first day and the next morning.

(This is a photo of all of the children coming together to start off the school year. This is a tradition and parents could stay as long as they wanted)

"I am happy to see my friends, but I don't know about the school stuff."

Later..."I am excited about the new classes we are taking, and did you know X's mom is teaching a class this year?"

"Mom, I'm so excited to be back at school!"

"I love coming to this school!"


"Mom, hurry up so I can get to school."

"I am SO happy I get to come to this school."

All in all, it was overwhelmingly a "THUMBS UP".
I am a lost for words to describe how blessed we are to be able to send Noah to Upland Hills.
Another parent said this morning to a new parent, after we were talking for half an hour in the "Apple Tree" parking lot pictured above",
"You know, this place is not just for the kids, it's for us too."

Do I still drive an hour to get him there and then another hour to work? YUP!
Do I drive an hour to get back to him and then another hour home? YEPPERS!
Do we sacrifice as a family to afford his education? YOU BET CHA!!!

Do you see why?

Am I crying right now, because it amazes me how much God has touched my son's life with this blessing? Uh huh...

peace, love, and blessed children everybody

2 comments:

  1. Aww sis!! I am so happy that he is happy to go back, and equally happy that he had such a great day. But the thing that got me most is your last sentence. I know how much it means to you for him to attend that particular school, and I am SO glad that you and Devin are both able to provide that for him. God will always make a way for you to be able to send him there, because that is the desire of your heart. As parents, that's what we do, we sacrifice, but as you can see it is always more than worth it in the end. Keep up the good work! I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for Noah and your family. It's very obvious that you made a wonderful holistic choice for Noah. Look how he shines in these photos. He is an amazing boy, and I'm sure that he will be an amazing man. God bless all of you :)

    P.S. I want to climb that tree!!

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself