February 22, 2011

Changes

My Momma has sometimes called me a gypsy because I like to move around.
I seek change...
Change in scenery, change in jobs, etc.

You see, I'm the type of person who doesn't settle until it feels and flows just right.

Well, 8 years ago I began a fascinating and wonderful loc journey.
I grew my natural hair and loc-ed it along the way.

(I don't call them "dread-locs" because there's nothing dreadful about them.
That's where the term dread-locs came from.
Someone thought they were "dreadful" and the name took hold...)

Anywhoo,

This is one of the pictures that represents one of my longest lengths.


I yearned for change and cut my hair Summer 2009...

Drastic.
Then, my hair grew and grew.

I then cut it and found this style again in Summer 2010.

But you know what, I really didn't want to wear locs anymore and I knew that.
But, I was scared. I thought, "What will people say?" "Will my face look to fat?" "Will I dread the change and cry?"

But, I knew in my heart that I wanted to comb my hair. I wanted to feel my hair in it's loosened state again.

So, I made a huge decision and after much thought found my way to me again.

I'm loving me, inside and out!!

Remember, do what works for you...

peace, love, and authenticity

7 comments:

  1. I love your journey! You have come full circle. You just continue being you. Love it!!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are truly authentic sister! love ya! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you and i love your new hairdo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post Gerri and when I saw your beautiful profile pic on fb I was hoping you'd write about it. I think it takes a lot of guts to do what you felt you wanted but was afraid to do. You made the right choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cut! You look great us for me the new blog layout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so pretty! My sons hair is out of control crazy lately! I think it needs to be locked : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely beautiful, with long or short hair. I am so very proud of you for doing what works for you, not looking back,and not being a slave to your hair as is often the case in our culture. I admire you SO much for this. As far as I know, change is always a good thing. Here's to freedom, and being authentically you. Love you sis from the bottom of my heart! <3


    P.S. I am officially back, and can't wait to catch up with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself