September 7, 2011

Welcome Back In


My Boy had his first day of school today.
He is in a new classroom this year with 8, 9, and 10 year olds.
He was so busy reuniting with friends this morning that there was no time for mushiness.
No time for teary goodbyes.


When I picked him up, he was in the field with his pals.
Running, enjoying the brisk Michigan air.
Enjoying life...


My boy is now 9-years-old.
He is done with the "Early Childhood Years"and on his way to the tweens...
So, I will cherish these tender times even more now.

The boys at the foot of my bed.

peace, love, and gratitude

3 comments:

  1. Gulp. Oh Gerri, hugs to you for having to let go of the mushiness! But what a handsome smart beautiful little man you are raising. And you just wait, someday if he's anything like my husband and lots of men I know, he'll need to talk to you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks so little in that first pic :) he is growing into an incredible little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of him in the bed makes me teary-eyed. That can't possibly the same little boy who stayed the night with Jaron and I, grunting because he was hungry at 5 am. lol! It goes by all too fast.

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself