October 15, 2011

Elemental Visions



My love for photography goes WAY back to sitting with my Nanny and pouring over her many,
many photo albums.
As we looked at page after page, she would tell me who the person or what the event was in the picture. I LOVED IT!!! It never got old...

I love pictures.
I love to see events and art captured in still shots, to enjoy over and over again.
I especially love the act of taking a picture, deciding on just...the...right...moment to snap-the-shot.
I'm sure this love is part of the reason that I was drawn to this dynamic duo!!

Although I love photography, I recently discovered that something was missing for me. Or better yet, I realized that I had a buried passion...I was missing the touch and the feel of the photograph. Some recent events reminded me of this.

1) My sister-friend was moving away and snapped a few shots of us with her instant camera. It was all I could do, not to squeal in delight at the little picture popping out of the camera!
2) A bloggy friend recently commented that I need to open an Etsy shop and sell prints of my photos/art. I was stunned by the compliment and intrigued by the possibility.
3) At a recent vintage shop, I literally stumbled upon some really cool vintage cameras.

Because of these random, yet perfectly designed events, I opened my Etsy shop.
Welcome to Elemental Visions...

It has been so much fun finding cameras for my shop. I love playing with them and am becoming quite knowledgable about cameras from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. I've ordered lots of film and am trying out some new things.

My photography art will be coming along and added to my shop one day. Right now, I am just getting my feet wet, pacing myself and enjoying something new from something old.

peace, love, and passion!

4 comments:

  1. Gerri!! This is so cool. I love this idea and hope you continued joy and success! I think it's so important to listen to what the universe is saying. I'm only getting the hang of it recently. Congratulations on your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Gerri! I wish you all the best. You are such a talented and beautiful soul with so much creativity and wisdom to share. Congratulations!!! I know that you'll be a big success in all you do. Hugs - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you! i can't wait to see what awesome images you create on your journey of discovering this new passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see more of your work, and the world from your perspective. I am SO excited for and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself