October 26, 2011

Shooting New

I shot with one of my new cameras today.

Learn more about the Polaroid Spectra 2 HERE.


I used this FILM that I purchased on a rode trip from this STORE.


I was so nervous. I didn't want to make mistakes, I didn't want to waist the film. I even consulted with a friend, who is a photography genius. She left me with this quote, "If it catches your eye, don't pass it by."

That was exactly what I needed. So I threw fear out the door and took the leap.

"Shooting "new" was amazing; trekking around looking for colors, moments, still, peace, beauty.

I haven't shot a Polaroid in over 25 years. There are some amazing Instant film photographers out there. To be honest, although I was blown away by the beauty of their art, I didn't totally get it, until today.

I got where their excitement, drive, and polaroid passion came from when that little piece of hand/eye-designed-art landed into the palm of my hand.
Then the creamy colors began to form inside of the dark cool case I brought along with me...

The result...

creamy deliciousness.

peace, love, and passion!

4 comments:

  1. so excited for you...i love that you have fallen in love with instant film, it has been a love of mine for a long time :)

    i'm gonna have to check out that stores website and see if they can hook me up with some film for some of my old polaroids.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen instant film in ages, but I love the pictures you took. That tree is so cool. I bet you're going to have a blast with this!

    Also, I wanted to thank you for your kind words about the loss of my dog. I really appreciated them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very cool shot you got there. I think it would be so gratifying working with a polaroid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If it catches your eye, don't pass it by." I love this quote. I am so happy to see you utilizing your creativity in new ways, and facing that fear and nervousness head on. You've inspired me in more ways than you know. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself