January 28, 2012

When There Are No Roses

You know the phrase, "Stop and smell the roses"? 
Well, sometimes there are no roses.

When we breeze through life only looking for the moments of fun or delight, 
we miss the beauty in the not so spectacular things.

Here are several photos of simple beauty that I've stopped to take notice of lately.

leaf--right outside of my front door

flower--on my pillowcase

benches--stacked up at the beach for the winter season

lake--frozen for the winter season

blinds--in my bedroom while I rest in the sunlight

self portrait--before I take a much needed nap

peace

10 comments:

  1. My favorite kind of post! These moments. Stopping and seeing. Is just like breathing. The absolute best. Love the glimpse into your day. And into you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michel! It is like breathing. The key for me is to slow down...:)

      Delete
  2. haha it seems we have had the same thing on our minds lately :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photographs are wonderful. I liked the leaf in the frozen lake, a spot of red under grey ice. I think a story is in that picture:~)

    Naps are so nice. You remind me of how important they are to resting the brain. I need to get back to them.

    It's nice to share your day in photos and you closed with one of the nicest photos:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. :) Yes there is a story there...
      I'm realizing that I function better when I get in a couple of naps during the week!
      Take care. ;)

      Delete
  4. Yes I totally agree that life is more about accepting the seemingly monotonous. Looking for the roses can easily turn into an addiction! I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon. I find myself looking for the end of the journey and not enjoying the journey itself. I have to remember this in the everyday drop off and pick up with my boy to and from school. Still growing and learning...

      Delete
  5. You have a great eye for photography. I love your subject choices. You are growing and learning in fabulous ways. You're inspiring me to move myself into some new areas too. It sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly for your encouragement! I'm excited to hear about your new areas. :)

      Delete

Express Yourself