April 28, 2012

Butterflies in My Stomach

I've lead adult trainings for over 15 years now. It's funny to me, that every time, I still get butterflies in my stomach.

It starts a couple days before. I check and double check my handouts, my PowerPoint... I ask myself, "Will this be boring?" "Will this provoke enough thought?" "Will I meet their needs?".

You see, my audience tends to be a pretty passionate crowd; teachers and parents of children Birth-8 years old...

I guess these butterflies are a way to remind me that every session/workshop/training matters. It must come from the heart. I must connect and give my all, live out my mission and serve.

peace

6 comments:

  1. I always love the butterflies. They remind me that I'm doing something important to me, something I want to succeed at. Something I love. I hope it went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, it went very well. :)

      Delete
  2. I'll bet your a great facilitator! That you still get butterflies just means you are passionate.

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself