May 25, 2012

Each Other


22 years ago I was sitting in a university gym watching some folks play basketball. This tall, brown skinned, glass of loveliness was looking for a pair of shorts so he could join the game. He walked up to me and with a winning grin, jokingly asked, "Do you have some shorts?" The rest is history...

17 years ago I was swinging on a swing at our neighborhood park. My tall, brown skinned glass of loveliness got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I said, "Yes." The rest is history...

16 years ago, I was walking down a path in our neighborhood park. My tall, brown skinned glass of loveliness was standing there waiting for me to join him. On this day we committed to being each others'. The rest is history...


Today, I'm more in love with this man who is my best friend. He's held me up and filled me. We have each others' back and conquer obstacles together, as one. We are no longer two, but one. People ask, "How do you still love each other?" "How are you still together?" The answer is simple. We ARE each other. The rest continues to be history...

peace, love, and passion

12 comments:

  1. A lovely story of a lovely couple. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, what a beautiful thing you both have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! One word: GOD!

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    MAY THE BLESSINGS OF GOD CONTINUE TO OVERTAKE YOU!!!<3

    MOMMA

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, goodness girl! chills! love your story. thanks for sharing it here. wishing you many more years of each other! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much. I'm blessed. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary! what a lovely love story. I wish you many, many more happy years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love how you framed this post with such love. Wishing love, love, love, happiness, happiness, happiness, health, health, health and TONS OF JOY to your lovely family!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself