May 18, 2012

Shifts Happen

Self-Portrait in front of a painting from my Mom that says "Embrace Your Uniqueness"

There's a shift happening. When you decidedly choose to "expand", you lengthen yourself. You stretch out and open up to possibilities that you may have ignored before. Fear, doubt, confusion can all play a part. I believe for me, it's been doubt. I've doubted myself, thinking certain things weren't for me. Well no more, I'm shifting.

Self-Portrait-Who Am I?
I'm taking this brilliant self-portrature class, and it has been liberating. I've been thinking about new ways of seeing myself, which has led me to new pathways. The beauty is that, once you purpose your mind and heart to believing things can happen, they do.

Self-Portrait-Genuine Harmony
This journey has my mind dilating and is allowing me to venture into avenues that I wouldn't have dreamed of before. New doors are opening... I'm grateful. I'm nervous. Walking in these doors calls for a new type of vulnerability,  a new type of bravery. But, I'm ready.


Self-Portrait-Letting Go, My hubby just told me a funny joke.
I'm accepting the shifts. No, I welcome them...

peace, love, and passion

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on your shifts! Very exciting! Gorgeous self-portraits! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post Gerri! the portraits are beautiful and i love seeing the transitions, the shifts and this playful side of you. you look happy and isn't that the best transition of all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your self portraits you are a beautiful woman never stop smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to read of all your shifting especially when the shifts are positive and welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they ARE welcomed. :) Thanks Vanessa!

      Delete
  5. gorgeous Gerri! i am so excited for you. i love love all that vivienne is doing in the world ! i know you are in good hands. i guess you do too! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks SO much. This course is a game changed for sure. :)

      Delete
  6. I love this post Gerri! So timely for me to read it and see your photos. :) Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad it was meaningful for you! ;)

      Delete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous G! To see your blog shift this way- personal, vulnerable, and those photos- they are pure beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such encouragement! Thanks Michel! xo

      Delete
  8. such a lovely reflection on the shifts you are feeling and embracing. the self-portraits you've shared are really wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much michelle. I'm riding the waves of this journey, a bit timid, but riding all the same. :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful self-portrait Gerri! Love the different pose and the vintage look. I should more of that type of picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. It's fun doing/trying new things. :)

      Delete
  10. what fantastic shots you have here, these are so good. Are you doing the kirstin and meredith one? I am a bit behind and can't really do the whole self portrait thing but you have it nailed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually taking Vivienne's Re-writing the Story class. ;) Hoping you find the time you need. ;) xo

      Delete
  11. Lovely self portrait Gerri! I'm so glad that you're having fun with the shifting. I should follow your lead...

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself