June 25, 2012

I Really Don't Get It


I'm inherently a good person. I mean, I pretty much suck at being anything but authentic. It's practically impossible for me to mistreat a person. I even go out of my way to soften the blow for others who do me wrong.

My husband calls me his "pure one". He sometimes can only shake his head when my "genuine harmony" ways can't compute another person's mistreatment of others.

I'm going through an experience right now. Basically, people are being awful. They are lying, being dishonorable, and down right disgusting.

I don't get it...

My mind doesn't understand how, without cause like defending one's self, one person can intentionally hurt another.

I'm not made that way...

I'm peace and love.


God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; as it is, not as I would have it; 
If I surrender to His Will; 
forever in the next.

Taking, as He did, this sinful world
Trusting that He will make all things right
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Amen...The Serenity Prayer

I guess it's not for me to get, but for me to trust...in...Him.

peace

19 comments:

  1. Praying for you Ms. Gerri. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly sorry about your experience, but I am grateful for your genuine grace and compassion. I love you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Much love to you...xxO

      Delete
  3. I am truly sorry about your experience, but I am grateful for your genuine grace and compassion. I love you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally get that about you. and i am scratching my head (because i don't get it either, the bad apples of this world and their poor thinking). i am sending huge wishes that this resolves itself and sending additional trust to you during this time. tuck-in, peaceful you ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much jojo...feeling the love!

      Delete
  5. oh that sounds awful, I hope you are ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never change who you are! In the end love prevails and I wish there were more people like you in the world! I hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Thank you for the support and encouragement! xxO

      Delete
  7. Hang I. There Gerri. Your goodness will prevail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Things are better. ;)

      Delete
  8. and trust in your inherent goodness...your genuine harmony.
    you will ride the storm. wishing you peace as you move through this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that things are turning around and much, much better now. You are truly a beautiful person inside and out, and know that you will find the good in this too. Maybe the good will just be at the end of it, but there will be good. :) Love you! I agree though, I don't understand when people hurt others, though we never really can understand the hearts or intentions of others.

    xoxo

    ~Tab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too! Thanks so much Hon. ;) xxO

      Delete
  10. I love the serenity prayer. I hope things work out my friend. Stay pure!!

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself