June 16, 2012

Secrets


An eCourse classmate, Swirlygirl, wrote this post about secrets today. Something about it made me feel so connected to her. I'm not sure if it was her honesty, vulnerability, or humanness... Being human connects us. It makes us feel as if we aren't alone in this big world of questions, uncertainty, and sometimes awkwardness.

Her post inspired me to share a few of my own secrets.

1-I really, really hate with a passion dislike cooking. It's one of my least favorite things to do in the world!
2-I want to be a runner. I mean the get up early in the morning, put on your shoes, and run as the sun rises type of runner.
3-I've been forgetting things. I used to NEVER forget stuff.
4-I listen to books on tape because reading books is harder for me now, even with glasses.
5-I'm trying really hard to never have to see a doctor again. In the past three years, I've only been twice.

Whew...that's a lot I just put out there. Maybe I will do this again soon. It was sort of liberating.

What secrets will you share?

14 comments:

  1. I'm forgetting things a lot lately. I often envy the runners that run past me when I'm driving. But then I think that they often look exhausted and I don't feel as jealous :) Love this idea for a post. I may "borrow" it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Go for it, I really liked doing it. :) xxO

      Delete
  2. Hi Gerri - loved your post, the photo you have used to accompany it is great. I enjoyed reading your list of secrets and pleased you found it liberating, I felt that way when I did my list of secrets...I agree with your observation, maybe we should do it again soon? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you very much! Yes, we should. ;) xo

      Delete
  3. Great post - I love that you shared your secrets! I might do one of these too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading yours it you decide to do it. ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on 3, 4 and 5, though 5 is not working for me just now. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you wishes of health! Thank you. ;)

      Delete
  5. Aww, I love this list. I have loved, LOVED, running. I started out by doing five minutes running ten minutes walking. I go really slow and you know what, I can run 45 minutes now. And it is heavenly to be able to run as the sun is rising. I hope you pursue it my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you've encouraged me!!! Thanks my friend. ;)

      Delete
  6. How on earth did I miss these last two posts??? Baby love and life love - what more could you want? So beautifully crafted and shared. It makes me want to come and sit in your house and tell each other what we dream of. You are such a gifted photographer and writer and I'm so glad we stumbled upon one another! XOXO M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michel, Thank you so very much. It's such a compliment coming from such an amazing artist like yourself. xx
      I'm so glad too and would love to sit and chat. :)

      Delete
  7. Ooh, secrets! That's scary. Thank you brave woman for sharing. I will contemplate whether I am also brave enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) It was a bit scary bit I took the leap. Maybe you could write a list of secrets for yourself. You wouldn't have to blog them...?

      Delete

Express Yourself