July 8, 2012

Birthday Month

My boy's birthday is this month. Blessed lil' man that he is, he's getting three mini-parties this year.

Since we knew his cousins were coming to town, we decided to celebrate two weeks early; making this party  #1. 

Recently, there have been other celebrations with lots of pastries and cakes. So, I decided to do something a little different. Thanks to Pinterest, I found out about this wonderful idea. Here's our fruit cake! It was delicious and accompanied by a wonderfully sweet, fruit dip made by my sister-in-love.


Noah was blessed with toys, clothes, books, and gift cards (shopping fun at your fingertips). Thank you family!


His Dad and I didn't want to wait two more weeks for his actual birthday. So we decided to give him his special present; a new instant camera with a cool camera strap in his favorite color!

We wanted him to be able to capture some fun family moments, on his own, before everyone headed back to their homes out of state...

It has been such a wonderful experience having the kids in town. They had a fantastic time playing outside in the beautiful Midwest weather! Balls, bubbles, and a giant frisbee helped make the party a hit. It was all I could do to get them to stop for a second and take a group picture!



The next day we ended our time together at Bookie and PaPa Smalley's home. I can remember first coming to meet the family 21 years ago... Today, I looked at all of these gorgeous children and thought about the beauty we've created together. So, I couldn't resist photographing the three Smalley brothers with their offspring. We are indeed, truly blessed!!

peace, love and family!!!

Party #2 coming up soon...

14 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful family, they all look so happy and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! This is beautiful!!! It is great that the brothers got together again. The kids are looking good! Where the pictures of the Mommas at? I now that you took some. I love the "cake"! Happy Early Birthday Noah!!!

    Mama D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ma! Oh, we were not getting in front of the camera! Haha Next time...

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to your little man! I love the fruit cake idea! I also love that you are starting him early with a camera! I hope he had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! He loves photography too. ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the cake!!! And what a beautiful bunch of kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace, Love and FANTASTIC CAKE!
    I love all the recipes I have tried from Pinterest!!
    and oh what a delight to see such a young photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deb! He does my heart good...

      Delete
  6. i want that cake! Lol
    love love love the idea

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself