September 7, 2012

Bring the Light

"Truth brings light..." Gerri Smalley

It's amazing to me that people lie. No, seriously... Being a person who lives as authentically as possible, lies baffle me.

What really gets me, is when questioned, some liars say it was for the other person's benefit. It makes me want to yell, "No! It was for YOUR benefit. Being honest would have been so much better."

The truth is...
-Lies need more lies to survive.
-Lies destroy the foundation of trust.
-Lies bring confusion and darkness.
-Lies feed a liar's fear and in turn, once found out,
-Lies create fear in the one that was lied to.

I say, let's decide to be courageous! Let's make the decision to be authentic with each other! Let's wipe away the need for lies by compassionately, gently, being.  .  .  .  honest.

I know what you're thinking, she's crazy. Everybody lies...

Well, you know what, that doesn't HAVE to be the truth, now does it?

peace


12 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely. I have a relative who constantly tells "white lies" and I have caught them out so many times and it is obvious they have told a lie but rather than come clean and be honest they cover it with more lies. I am at a point where I find it so hard to ever believe anything this person tells me if I only have their word to go on. It is a sad thing when people feel a lie is better than the truth, it never is. The truth is honest and real and that is more effective and beautiful than an ugly lie no matter how big or small a lie is a lie. I could go on and on here but I better not... Simply I love your post you speak the truth and that is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so frustrating...Thanks for sharing and understanding. I'm learning that I can't change anyone. So, I have to figure out how to accept and move on...
      xxO

      Delete
  2. Being authentic is a cornerstone to our own peace. When we are at ease with ourselves we have no need to embroider or embellish, when we aren't the artifice seems a cushion, sometimes, against the pain of facing our own, perhaps self-perceived, failings and flaws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very profound and SO very true Lynn!!

      Delete
  3. lying kills the person character..intregrity and trust is lost. The lying is sure to create distance and kill a relationship quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Regena. It's sad that the person lying doesn't realize this...

      Delete
  4. Amen for authenticity! Thanks Gerri for this inspiring post, and what a beauty of a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. Great to see you back in bloggyland...xxO

      Delete
  5. I have a wonderful friend who defaults to lying when she's stressed or down. I love her so much but it hurts me. I try to show her by example that the truth is acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes that's the only choice we have, leading by example...

      Delete

Express Yourself