October 25, 2012

Squamlove By the Sea Part I

Photo by Janet
I want to tell you a story of a woman who went on a journey to learn from others who inspired her. I want to tell you my story of Squamlove By the Sea.




I flew from Michigan to Virginia to meet my three car-mates at the Norfolk International airport. I didn't know these women. We had connected online and were to ride together to our beautiful retreat site. In the beginning, I wasn't sure what I'd gotten myself into. But, by the end of Squam, I found out that these women, along with others, would become dear friends of mine and inspire me to explore myself deeper as an artist.
Waiting in the airport
Kat was the first person I met. She seemed just as nervous as I. We chatted, and within the first five minutes of talking to her, I knew I was in the right place. After our two hour airport wait, we went to find our other car-mates. Michelle, came up to us and I knew that I was going to give her the biggest hug. She was so welcoming. Then, within minutes, Cat arrived with that big beautiful smile that I had only before, seen online.
Kat and Cat
Michelle
We hopped in our car and after many laughs and another two hours, arrived at Pine Island. I hadn't a clue as to what to expect. We had preplanned to arrive late and I personally felt as if we were intruding. But, we were greeted with such tender hugs from Elizabeth, Michelle, and Lauren. I felt like I was home. I felt like a sister. Bella, my online friend, welcomed me as well. I felt like I was floating...
Bella
Feeling drowsy and quite worn out, since I have been traveling for 12 hours, I was dropped off at my house. But, in the back of my mind I had been wondering, “What am I going to do when I finally meet her?” Who is "her" you ask? Well, Susannah ofcourse. Susannah, the one who inspired me to begin my online camera business and dig deeper into photography.

Part II coming soon...


20 comments:

  1. Gerri. This is beautiful. I will always cherish our memories there, especially the time we spent on the beach. Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little window into your time by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. I appreciate you visiting. ;)

      Delete
  3. I felt a little flutter in my heart when I read that last paragraph :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, a cliffhanger?!

    seriously though, part 1 is lovely. looking forward to part 2.
    i am so happy for your experience by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. Going to finish it right now. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely, I like the cliffhanger approach!....looking forward to part 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your words from your time by the sea. looking forward to part 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thanks so much and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. scamp (aka Shirley)October 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM

    It was wonderful to meet you, however brief it was! And it was all good!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Shriley it was a delight! xxO

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you...yes, they are lovely. ;)

      Delete
  9. Awwwww! I am so glad I can be reminded of this wonderful time with you. Trying to hang on to the magic... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We won't lose it, it's ours forever... xxO

      Delete
  10. These pictures are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself