November 20, 2012

Saying "No"

"Saying 'No' to some things has allowed me to say 'Yes' to other things." ~Gerri Smalley


I'm a doer. I plan, I do. I reflect, I plan, I do... I'm quite diligent about my goals and aspirations when it comes to my businesses, my serving in church, my friends, my extended family...

But, lately, I've found myself skipping home life. I'm missing, him...


Somehow, I've been missing what's right in front of me. A boy who only wants to spend some time with his Mama...

I'm reflecting, I'm journaling, I'm praying...

I'm noticing him. I'm hearing him.



I'm saying, "No" to one more thing... I'm saying, "Yes" to him.

peace, love and Happy Thanksgiving!!

12 comments:

  1. yes...
    i *so* get this.
    peace, love, and happy thanksgiving to you too :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said and powerful portrait shots too. I hear you saying no is saying yes too. Thanks for that reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm learning along with you...

      Delete
  3. So true! Saying no does mean creating the space to saying yes to what is most important to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that this lesson came to me. That's for sure. :)

      Delete
  4. Great that you realized this and that you are doing something about it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful and so are you. Thank you for writing that as it is a beautiful reminder all us mamas need from time to time. xx

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself