February 13, 2013

Core Desired Feelings


Have you ever attained a goal and still felt empty afterwards? Have you ever saved money for something tangible, bought it and still felt lost once you purchased it? Well, I have...over and over and over again. I've become determined to not live this way anymore.

A while back, I talked a bit about a program I decided to buy. The Desire Map is designed by Danielle LaPorte to help you figure out what your Core Desired Feelings are. The point is for you to live your life with these desired feelings in mind. Instead of having goals designed around thoughts and wishes that others may have for you or goals based upon what you think success looks like; you set intentions based upon the way you want to feel in life. You set intentions around achieving the feelings instead of the goals.

In doing this work, I discovered my Core Desired Feelings. My desire is to feel Freedom, Pleasure, Radiance, Flow, and Truth in all that I am and do.

Freedom when it comes to finances. Free to be blessed and be a blessing to others.
Pleasure in what I experience in life with my most important people and what I do to earn a living.
Radiance in the way I express my gifts and beauty.
Flow in the way I am with myself and the world.
Truth in all that I am and do.

I've realized that over the past few years, "the need to be more present" has come up for me many times. I'm finding that having these core desired feelings at the forefront of my actions, is helping me be mindful, be present. It's helping me slow down and act in direct connection with what my purpose is on this earth.


I'm so grateful for the gifts God has given me. Now I'm more grateful to better understand how to channel those gifts in the right direction.

I created a Pinterest Board to illustrate my Core Desired Feelings. You can check it out HERE.

If you are interested in learning more about The Desire Map, go here:


12 comments:

  1. So good Gerri. I love how freely you share what you're learning and growing in and encourage us to do the same. This looks great, makes me consider myself and wonder mine. Love you!! Xo

    ~Tab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing this gift with us!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely expressed post. I'm pleased for you. It's seems you are opening up to new inner adventures. I liked what you said: "Free to be blessed and be a blessing to others."

    That's a good thought for all of us:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much... New and enlightening adventures...

      Delete
  4. i just know you're going to channel your gifts beautifully...actually, i think you already are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea of planning your desired feelings. I think it's so common - to expect to feel fulfilled by a new purchase or an accomplishment. I struggle with that in my writing. I am working on letting go of the need for response to my writing. Just knowing I wrote and edited and feel passionate about the process - this is what I want to be happy with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you peace and happiness with your choice!

      Delete
  6. Gerri-I love your words. I love how you spelled out exactly what you want for each topic. These words sound strong, and most importantly, true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad they convey truth!!

      Delete

Express Yourself