April 2, 2013

Being at Peace with What Is

I see and hear reminders "to strive", "be driven", "make things happen"... Well, I've decided to stop striving, to stop trying to "make things happen".

Because, I've come to realize, after 40 years of life, 21 years of working with children, 17 years of marriage, and 11 years of parenthood, that I'm NOT in control of what happens in life. I have influence on which path I take, yes. But, I'm not the one who controls the result or the final destination of that path.

This doesn't mean that I won't press in and dig deep into my work; no, quite the contrary. This is a commitment and realization to be present in the immediate choices I make. Being deliberate and conscious about the choice and direction and not hung up on the destination. Being alive in the NOW and not so worried about what the future will bring. Being ok with results; no, being content with results and consequences of my choices.







Being at peace with what is... 
Still learning and surrendering...




8 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for these wise words today. Lately, I've been too concerned about the destination of a project I'm working. I started to lose the joy of learning, which was the purpose of the project..not the final result. You reminded me to step back and reconsider the traveling and not the destination:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's so good to hear Sara. Yes, the learning and journey is so key. Hugs to you as you move ahead my friend. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love that face! Yes - surrender!! You are teaching me so much with the work you are doing.
    Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Hon! I'm learning so much and just feel the pull to share.
      Love you too Sweets!! xxO

      Delete
  3. all of this...yes.
    the contentment, the surrendering, the learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, re-reading this post for myself too...

      Delete
  4. Love this. Such a good reminder. thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself