June 4, 2013

Roller Coaster Ride


(Up) The month of May started with a move into a dreamy abode. (Up) As I looked forward to celebrating Mother's Day, (Down) I begin to feel quite ill... (Up) I forged ahead hoping the illness would pass. But midway through May, (Down) I was facing several work deadlines, (Upside Down) making trips to Urgent Care and then (Backwards, Upside Down) gave my beloved dog CPR...we know how that ended.



But, (Up) the second half of May was promising with deadlines completed and a work conference to attend, I was hopeful. However, (Down) my conference trip was cut short due to illness and I had to begin aggressive medical treatment as I celebrated my (Up) 17th wedding anniversary. I thought, "I must heal, I must rest." because I then had to (Upside Down) prepare for one of the biggest conversations of my life...


Today, (Grounded)
  • I'm healthier and off the aggressive meds.
  • I'm unpacking again with the goal all will be settled by the 4th of July, Independence Day, no less.
  • I'm pleased the conversation went very well.
  • I'm off the roller coaster and glad I wore my seatbelt (prayer, journaling, family, friends) during the last ride...
much peace, love and light to you all

10 comments:

  1. Gerri,

    This is awesome! You are sharing your journey with us and sharing this is liberating not only for you, but for anyone reads it.

    Thank you for sharing your gift with others...
    This is true ministry....This is LOVE being poured out upon others...Continue to allow GOD to speak through you.

    I love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being vulnerable in this way is not easy, but, cleansing. I share my story to help heal and deal; but also to share that there's light. We've got to just keep on going and believing! Love you too Mom!!

      Delete
  2. this reminded me of a quote (I love) from the movie Parenthood:
    (Grandma) You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster... I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.

    thank goodness for seat belts!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad for you and your seat belts...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Gerri, it has been a roller coaster! I can relate and I love the beautiful way you've captured and shared your ride - thank you. Glad to hear you're on the mend now and that you have a strong seatbelt... It makes all the difference doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Yes, makes all the difference indeed... xxO

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that you're off the aggressive treatment. That must have been frightening. I too love how you've captured this. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so happy too! It was fun and freeing to write. ;)

      Delete

Express Yourself