July 12, 2013

I Had No Idea

My tiger lily buds greeting the sun.

I had no idea why I've been so sleepy and just wanting to be...
The thought of starting a project, working long hours, creating anything new, gives me pause. No, it irritates me.

I was reading wisdom from here today and just came to the realization that I'm burnt out. Well, I should say, I'm in recovery from being burnt out.

I've had so many traumas and stresses in these past few months and now that I'm healthy and I can think clearly, I understand what this physical, mental and emotional responsive state is: exhaustion, true exhaustion linked with the feeling of wanting to just spend loads of time on a quiet, remote island surrounded with paint, cameras and nature...oh and a big fluffy bed to rest in when needed and nourishment, beverage and massage waiting and ready at my beck and call.

My life has been filled with emergencies, including an actual trip to the emergency room and a hospital stay... But, "Life is not meant to be a long emergency." (More wisdom from the above mentioned article)

So yeah, now I know why I've been feeling "off my game". I have more clarity.

Surrendering and going to figure out what this new revelation means for me.

peace, love and light



16 comments:

  1. Praying for you babe. I know its hard because life is busy and hectic and full of unplanned, must give my attention to things, things but you have to take time for yourself, take time to rest in Gods presence and let His Word work in you and His truth transform you. If we skip this important thing, we find ourselves running on empty, exhausted and in an even worse state than we were the day before. It's easy to get wrapped up in all the the must do's on our daily lists but none of them are as important as our health and our families health and our relationship with God. Everything else is ok to leave for a day, an hour, heck even 15min. I hope you find time this weekend to rest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweetheart! What you say is truth. I know it logically but have to live out the rest on a daily basis. I do think I need to take a few days and retreat. No technology, no appointments, no lil man, heck maybe no big man, only me resting in God. xxO

      Delete
  2. I can identify....thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I'm right there with you! Let's plan a trip to a remote island and be served like queens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our body will tell us when it needs a physical or mental rest. Take care Gerri! -Neco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Neco, we have to trust and surrender... xxO

      Delete
  5. well done for realising this, it's hard to admit to exhaustion. that island sounds suspiciously like red fox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Quiet.) I hope that you get the rest, relaxation, and the restorative energy you need. :)

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself