July 26, 2013

Roid Week 2013

We film photographers love a challenge. Recently, The Impossible Project had its annual Roid Week. This does not refer to a medical condition but to making photographs with Polaroids.

Here are my submissions for the week.
"My Boy" Created using my SX-70 Alpha SE using expired 600 film.

"Ocean View" Created using my SX-70 Alpha SE using expired 600 film.

"Windy Light" Created using my SX-70 Alpha SE using original PX 600 Silver Shade film.

"Blooming" Created using my SX-70 Alpha SE using expired 600 film.

"Buds" Created using my SX-70 Alpha SE using expired 600 film.
Making film photographs takes a great deal of patience. My friend Susannah has a guide that can help if you're new to Polaroids. Check out the free guide here.

What inspirational challenges have you participated in this Summer? I'd love to hear!!

8 comments:

  1. so fun to see your submissions!
    i especially like the image of the light fixture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches! It took lots of tries to get this one. :)

      Delete
  2. I also liked the light fixture, but enjoyed each picture. The one of Noah is really cool. This will sound strange, but he has such a nice shape to his head and I liked that you took the picture from behind. The one of beach view is also nice.

    You've become an amazing photographer. I can't believe this is all expired film. So cool, Gerri:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I love Noah's shot... I agree about his head. ;) (not strange at all)

      Thank you so much for the amazing encouragement you give me. xxO

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures - my fave is of Noah, this seems to tell a story, there is a sense of intrigue in it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks bunches. He's my favorite to photograph. :)

      Delete

Express Yourself