September 16, 2013

The Start of Something New

Are any of you High School Musical fans? Well, when Noah was 5, he wanted a High School Musical themed party. Thinking back to that day, I remember my young son, who knew every word to every tune, to each of the those movies. Seems like yesterday...
Now, over 6 years later, I think of one of the movie's songs, "The Start of Something New". I can't help but hear the tune in my head. Because, my boy is in a new phase of his schooling. He's matured in a timespan that seems like overnight and is now full steam ahead into middle school.

It's the start of something new... new excitements, new challenges, new adventures. I think this is the year where he will officially spread more of his wings. I know that I'm still working on the roots as a parent. But, I'm no fool; I realize that sooner than later he won't need me in that way anymore.


10 comments:

  1. Awww, boys always will need their Moms, just in a different way!!
    He looks so grown!!!


    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, big changes ( i know this too ;).
    wishing him joy in his days ahead.
    and wishing the same for you, mama.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. They grow up so fast:~) What a handsome boy/man he is and becoming. I can tell by his face, he's a happy person and that, Gerri, is one of the best things you can give a child.

    I wish him the best in middle school.

    Have a great day:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does my heart good Sara. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey, just stopped by to say hello. I hope all is well with you and you're busy with your family, your projects and your photographs.

    Have a great day, Gerri:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend!!! xxO I hope all is well with you too...

      Delete
  5. he's getting to be so big... it is crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Express Yourself