January 31, 2014

The Right Decision

Six years ago, when Noah was in first grade, I made one of the toughest decisions in my life. My boy's self esteem was so low that his little heart was breaking in his traditional school. I knew that there had to be somewhere that understood him. So I decided to sacrifice SO much, pull him out of his school in October and send him to Upland Hills.

For three years I drove 2+ hours a day to make sure he went to a school that "saw" him. Today, we only drive 1+ hours a day, but it's still worth it. The tuition, the drive, they're all worth it. I knew this before today because of the smile on his face and the community of forever friends/family we've all made at this school.

But, yesterday I was stunned when I was asked to give my "ok" for a new video that the school was to release to advertise more about what their school is about.

I was stunned when I watched it. Noah told me he was working on a film at school. But, I had no idea. It's made me laugh so many times and now when I think about it, I cry with gratefulness and with the knowledge that yes, I made the right decision. I'm grateful they saw this genius in him...

14 comments:

  1. No words!!!! I cried watching this. God bless those amazing instructors and their passionate niche to draw out the "real" person in each child. Good job, mama! Your intuition was spot on! Now I want to send my Noah there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Christina, thank you so much!!! This school would be blessed to have your Noah and Lucy!!!

      Delete
  2. this video and the kid is amazing. I love this!! Can't wait to meet him--what a cool little kid. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the right decision for sure my love. You and he rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just too amazing! You clearly did the right thing - Mama-instincts rule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Kelly, they do rule! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  5. It was the perfect decision for Noah. He has thrived and grown into an amazing little man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG !!!! I watched the whole thing with the BIGGEST smile on my face. love love love-- this boy is pure magic!!!! xoxoxo, e

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing. I loved the video and you should be proud of Noah and yourself for not settling for something that didn't fit him. He's grown into the most amazing kid. I love that you shared this video and that you share his growing up with us. Wow. What a kid and what a mama:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sara. Sometimes we make decisions based on what we feel in our gut. I can definitely say I glad I made this one! xxO

      Delete

Express Yourself