March 2, 2014

Be Present, Stay Present

As I've been incorporating a life of "deepening" this year, I've begun to take a bit more time alone, in prayer and reflection. During my quiet time this morning, I was reminded of my need to be present.

I've had quite a bit on my plate lately, with coaching, teaching, meeting my son's needs, meeting my husband's needs, as well as working to meet my own needs. When I look at all I'm connected to, I can get pretty overwhelmed. Usually, then my body breaks down a bit and I get to battle some sort of illness.

What I'm realizing is that, I don't only need to be present, I need to stay present. Becoming overwhelmed about my calendar helps no one. Because if I'm ill, my ministries suffer. Yes, I call my commitment to others ministry...

So, I pulled out some photo cards today from my one of my loves, Susannah. I'm excited to "play" and practice presence as I look for the noisy and the quiet. Today will be perfect for this type of exploration. Because, after I teach preschool at church, I'll be heading to a local expo to serve others. I'm sure there will be bits of noisy and bits of quiet for me to create photos from. If you want to take a look at what I find, you can check out my Instagram feed by clicking on the photo widget to the right of this post or click here and follow me.

Sending you all peace and loving light...


6 comments:

  1. Oh yes Gerri I know just what that overwhelm is like and how awesome being, just being in the moment is - I'll be playing along with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! So happy to have somebody joining in with me today. Enjoy. :) xxO

      Delete
  2. I love that you refer to commitments to others as ministries. In my country we can be funny about words such as ministry and vocation but surely when you do it with your heart, soul and mind, that is what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the instagram. I went to the site and scrolled through your photos. There are so many wonderful ones. I must admit the words in the photo from Feb. 7th were so nice...they were a soothing reminder and matched this post very well.

    You are definitely busy and it pleases me you know when to take ME time and absorb the beautiful energy you create around yourself and others. It even comes through your posts. I find them more calming and peaceful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches Sara!
      I'm glad to hear my peace in flowing out onto the page. I aim to continue that. xxO

      Delete

Express Yourself