June 26, 2014

Peeling Back the Layers

Having a blast with my guys at Islands of Adventure-Orlando, FL



I've been away. Not by choice but by surrender...

A few weeks ago I contracted some sort of lung infection that has had me incapacitated now for almost three weeks. I've been unable to talk, write, socialize and function at a normal pace. Today is the first day where I feel more like my normal self.

I have more of a healing road ahead of me. But, I must admit it feels dang good to write again.

Every single time I get knocked on my arse with an illness, I think, "What the heck?" "Why in the heck?" This time I had plenty of time to sit, think, meditate and reflect. There's been some onion peeling going on, a peeling back of the layers of sorts.

I don't have answers only thoughts and reflections... That's good enough for me. Because, I've learned to take what is at it is and to let be what will be.

How are you? What's going on in your neck of the woods?

8 comments:

  1. Oh goodness!! Glad to hear you're doing better. Love and miss you tons and was so bummed to have missed you while you were here. Sometimes, a good "onion peeling" is good for us ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hon. Yes, I was bummed too. But, soon we'll make up for it! xxO

      Delete
  2. I was so sorry to hear you were sick and have been thinking of you since. I hope good health has returned. xo fiona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona for the loving thoughts. I feel better each and every day. xxO

      Delete
  3. poor you that sounds awful, hope things are better now, lovely shot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine. Yes, better and better each day. 😊

      Delete
  4. How did I miss this post? I hope you are feeling better now. I got something last November and it knocked me off my feet for about three weeks before it decided to leave me be. Thank goodness.

    Do take good care of yourself. You're a special person and the world needs you in it!

    I love the picture:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All better now. Thanks so much Sara. It's been a long road... xxO

      Delete

Express Yourself