July 2, 2014

Humanness and the Love of Books

I was checking out my friend Susannah's site and she posted a link to Call Me Ishmael. The genius of this site is a person calls this number and leaves a voice message about a book they've read. Ishmael then transcribes and posts the voicemail message for us to enjoy.

I love the humanness of it. Because, who calls people anymore? Plus, it's combined with the love of books. Sheer brilliance... There's just something magnetic about the human voice using the spoken word to share about the written word. Nerdy maybe, but I'm a nerd and proud of it. Hahaha

Check out one of the calls right here:

8 comments:

  1. Wow. This "Call Me Ishmael' is such a cool site. I went to the site and listened the latest call, plus the one you have up. What a nice idea! I've added the site to my list of blogs I visit. It will be fun to listen to what books and stories he selects.

    By the way, I couldn't access Susannah's site for some reason. I'll try again.

    I hope July is treating you well:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy it too Sara. :) Hmmm... I checked it and it's working for me. I hope it worked for you the second time.
      xxO

      Delete
  2. Off topic, but I have to say, that is a lovely, lovely photo of you my dear. Luminous, open, intelligent. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...thanks so much Love!!
      Miss you bunches... xxO

      Delete
  3. I hope things are okay in your world and that you're just busy right now. I got slightly worried when I read the post about you being sick....

    Whatever...be good to yourself, okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All is well...Thanks for checking in on me. ;)

      Delete

Express Yourself